1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My name is H.3.A.L “Heal” and Im from New Orleans.
2. What made you start making music?
I started making music during my junior year of high school. I made a few songs and wrote sum then i showed my friends and cousins. Their reactions were funny as hell,they were like “OMG N**** YOU CAN REALLY RAP”. I also needed another way to express my self. My life fucked up to be honest and I needed ways cope. I draw inspiration from a lot of open wounds that bother me. In most of my music I talk about real life situations that happened. Even today.
3. Who are your influences?
I f**** with Lil’Wayne, Juice WRLD, Trippe Redd, Lil Peep and XXXTENTACION heavy. I listened to so much rock in my high school years. I’d go from KISS,Teen Suicide,The Beatles and Boyo to Marylin Manson,Nirvana and AC/DC.
Biggie was my favorite artist along with some Tupac,Wu Tang,Mobb Deep,Easy E,Dr.Dre and Ice Cube.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
Right now I feel like I’m in the group with underrated underground rappers. I don’t f*** with a lot of them and I don’t mean that in a bad way. They don’t talk to me,I don’t talk to them. They can always try though and we can be friends. So yeah….a lot of the underground rappers have the followers and analytics to Be big but they egos be so high that they feel they can’t f*** with the artist who are not really know yet.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
I want to at least be in a different space mentally. I’d rather die then to feel like I’m always trapped in my mind. I want to gain more fans and takeover the scene. I also want to reach new sounds and heights with my music.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
I’d have to thank…my mom. Without her none of my music would’ve even been made. On some real sh** I wouldn’t be here without my mom.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
It takes me a while to write, but before recording I put myself in a mood. I do some songs to warm up and go into my mode. My mood can also be the reason why I make a few sad songs one day and then another I’ll make some catchy hype music.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
My fans should be extra hype for A TRADE CHRISTMAS XL and A Night On The City.These projects will probably be my most favorite I’ve worked on.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
My favorite part is the fans. I adore my supporters. They’ll message me and tell me how the song relates to them. Another favorite part is the work ethic. You know a lot of people can rap but many dont sit and study flows,melodies and themselves.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want to let the younger generations and other know that you can work hard and get through anything as-long as you humble yourself and remember that your never alone in your thoughts. You always can talk to me or anyone close to you. Also living is hard and the universe is large. You either stand your ground and shoot for your goals. Allowing yourself to wallow in pain as well recover is okay too.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7lifestyle your embodying?
I feel like music is becoming apart of me that I cant let go. It started as a hobby but now I think I want to take this serious.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Trippe Redd,Juice Wrld have to be my most favorite right now. I f*** with their music and how their energies react to things that happens to them.
13. What does the music you create make you feel?
It makes me feel…some relief and reassurance that I’m actually good at something I love. Music is like therapy for me. The way it gets me into different moods and keeps me moving on to my next goals that I want to believe.
14. Why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
I deal with many mental health issues and music helps me express my true feelings and along the way I hope my fans as well the younger generation who listen to my music realize that I’ll always encourage them to express how they feel.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
Whatever the future holds,I know in time I’ll be prepared for it. I’ll make sure of that. Making forever lasting music and inspiring people everyday will keep me going to shoot for my goals.
16. Whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
I feel like I had my best experience so far with this artist in Atlanta named Lav!. Also Another one with my high school friend Yung Pablo. We be vibing so hard to our songs.
17. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
Since I know how to draw and use photoshop I make most of my cover arts. Which comes in handy if anyone else needs one then I’ll do it.
18. Who makes most of your beats or production?
I work with many producers on YouTube and in Instagram my dms that make fire beats. Mostly I get free beats from Eem Tripplin though. Basically my favorite.
19. Who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
I will forreal be working with Trippe Redd or Ski Mask or Juice Wrld one day. I f*** with their energy and music so much.
20. Who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
I’m hoping one day I can work with Kanye or Kenny Beats. I feel as if I can come up some crazy songs forreal. I’m going to just speak it into existence. I WILL WORK WITH THEM ONE DAY.
21. Do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
I haven’t reached that part of my journey yet but I’m letting you know once I do have one sh** gonna be lit as f*****
22. For people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
My sound and the shit I say you can get hype as f*** to. I’m not your average artist is what I hear from people. I play with so many sounds it amazes me on how versatile I really am.
23. At the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
Music is my hobby and I love this sh** so much I’m willing to die for it.I want to make music for people to inspire people or help them when they’re going through it all. I haven’t made much music but just know this only the beginning.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
Uh..yeah I got a Christmas tape in the works and maybe before that I’ll be releasing an EP called “A Night On The City”
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you? You can find me anywhere if you search H.3.A.L in the music platforms search bar but if you looking for all my music then click these:
Leave a Reply